The Dallas Christian Leadership Prayer Breakfast exists to honor our Lord Jesus Christ by annually dedicating one morning to the encouragement of leaders in all walks of life through prayer, music, reading of scripture and the personal testimony of believers, with the goal of making prayer for leaders a priority in our lives.
Founded in 1981 by prominent Dallas Christian leaders including Tom Landry, Ford Madison, Jack W. Evans and Bill Seay, the breakfast, which each spring attracts over 1,500 people, has grown into one of the nation’s largest lay led, leadership-focused gatherings. The breakfast’s adherence to scripture’s call to pray for leaders and our nation (2 Chronicles 7:14) has helped to add a powerful dimension to the prayer lives of thousands of attendees, and it has attracted nationally prominent speakers from the arenas of business, politics, sports and public service.
Previous speakers include:
- Dr. Gerald Turner, President of Southern Methodist University
- Honarable Don Evans, Former Secretary of Commerace
- Brad McCoy, former high school coach, Father of Colt McCoy
- Avery Johnson, former head coach of the Dallas Mavericks
- Dr. Ken Blanchard, author of “One Minute Manager”
- Truitt Cathey, founder and chairman of Chic-Fil-A
- Sen. John Cornyn, Senator, State of Texas
- Terdema Ussery, President of Basketball Operations of the Dallas Mavericks
- J.C. Watts, former U.S Congressman, State of Oklahoma
- Gene Stallings, former head football coach at University of Alabama
23344 FARRINGTON | DALLAS, TEXAS 75207